Last week I posted beginning levels and today I am posting a set of 3 more levels. As you can see, the difficulty increases quite a bit. The first page reviews eighth notes and rests. The second page adds 16th notes and rests. Level 6 adds the triplet, more 16th note patterns, and 6/8 time signatures. To print these free worksheets, click on the link above.
This set correlates to grades 4, 5, and 6 of the TMTA (Texas Music Teacher Association) theory test. In most method books these concepts are in levels 2B through 4 or 5. Please let me know immediately if you see any typos or mistakes! My proofreading skills are pretty poor!
- review late elementary through early intermediate rhythm concepts
- discover the rhythm knowledge of a transfer student
- use with band or orchestra students who often learn rhythm concepts faster than piano students
- test the knowledge of piano students who are moving up into a higher level method book
- review concepts for the theory test or similar exams
- Print these worksheets from my website
- If desired, insert them into clear sheet protectors and use with dry erase markers
If you would be interested in a series of reviews for another aspect of music study, such as vocabulary or note reading, please leave a comment!