Today I am posting a grand staff binder cover for you to personalize and use on your students’ binders. It has the notes of the grand staff on the front and it matches the studio calendar that I recently posted. What I am really excited about is that I think this is the first time I’ve posted a PDF file where you can change the font!
Not only can you type a name and title of the binder, but if you have some computer knowledge, you can change the font, the color, and the size of the text.
If the directions below are too challenging for you, open the file in Adobe Reader DC, select “Your Text” and type over my text. [If you want to remove the text on this page, select Your Text, delete it, and print. The large light blue box you see will not print.]
If you wish to change the font, color, and size, follow the directions below. You must use Adobe Reader DC which is free to download from the web . If you are having trouble opening this file in Adobe Reader, this link might help.
Directions for a PC
- Download and save the PDF file. Open it in Adobe Reader DC. (To change the font, you cannot just click and open the file as usual.)
- Select Your Text.
- Click Control E and the text properties box will open.
- In the font box, you will be able to change the font, the color of the font, and the size of the font.
Directions for a Mac
- Download and save the file. Open it in Adobe Reader DC. Do not use Preview. (To change the font, you cannot just click and open the file as usual.)
- Select Your Text.
- Right click on the selected text. A menu box will open. Select “Hyperlink.” [There is supposed to be a keyboard shortcut, but I don’t know what it is.]
- The Form Field Text Properties menu will open. Select Font.
- You can change the font, the color of the font, and the size of the font.
*If you try a font on you computer that will not print, try another more common one. There are some fonts that you might not be able to use due to licensing and embedding, that sort of thing. If you have a font that works well, please share it with us!