By popular request!
You asked for it, and here it is! When the best seller Songs I Already Know was published, teachers asked if I would make a pre-reading version, so here it is! Pre-reading Songs I Already Know is a collection of 10 well-known children’s songs arranged with pre-staff notation for young beginners with lyrics, duet parts, and hand drawn illustrations. The notes are not on a staff, but have finger numbers and note names so children will know what to play. Each song includes an optional easy piano duet part that is written on the staff. Parents and siblings often have trouble reading two hands on one staff, which is how most teacher duets are written at this level. However, these duets are written on the treble and bass staves to make it easier for parents and older students to play along. Please note that this book has the same songs, duets, and design as Songs I Already Know. The only difference is the pre-reading notation in the student part.
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
- Down by the Station
- London Bridge is Falling Down
- Eency Weeny Spider
- Are You Sleeping
- Hickory, Dickory, Dock
- It’s Raining It’s Pouring
- Do Your Ears Hang Low
- The Farmer in the Dell
This is a studio license, so a single teacher can make unlimited copies for years of playing.
Pre-reading Songs I Already Know is an 23-page PRINTABLE PDF file measuring 8.5 x 11 inches. The file includes the color cover, a table of contents, ten songs with optional duets, and a page for students to check off the songs they learn.
You will receive a link to download the file. You have 30 days to download the file before the link expires. Once you have downloaded and saved your file, you may print it yourself or use a print shop of your choice. Please note that this listing does not include a physical item.
There are two ways download your file.
The email way:
- Your completed file will be emailed to you as a PDF.
- Please double-check the email you use here as well as your PayPal account email, so that the file will be sent to your correct email address.
- If you do not receive your file soon after you place your order, check that you used a valid email address, check your spam and trash folder, and then contact me. I will make sure you receive your file.
The immediate way: (Follow this link for a visual tutorial. )
- Pay for your order.
- PayPal will bring you a checkout screen showing your order. DO NOT CLOSE THIS SCREEN UNTIL YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR ORDER.
- This checkout screen will have a link with a DOWNLOAD button for you to click and download your order.
- Download and save your files in a folder you will be able to find easily.
- An email with the link will still be sent to you in addition to the link on the screen, so if you close your screen, you will also receive an email link.
You have permission to make copies of the music for students to practice at home. Please do not share the electronic files. Thank you for your purchase.