Each year I make a different design for a one-page studio calendar. This year’s calendar is decorated with adorable kittens. It has each month in the academic year on the left and right side of the page. The middle is left blank for you to fill out. You can edit in Word or in Adobe Reader. It is a rather unusual layout, but it works great for students. By typing your own studio schedule and then inserting this calendar into the plastic cover of binders, you will solve the problem of remembering events such as festivals and recitals. You can also list the days your studio will be closed, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and spring break. Don’t forget to list the first and last day of lessons, audition dates, theory test dates, dates music should be memorized, and anything else that will be helpful. Make extra copies for parents!
Please note this is the same calendar that is included in the fifteen page 2019-2019 calendar bundle, so if you have purchased that, you already have this calendar.
This is a studio license, so a single teacher can make unlimited copies.
Included in the set:
- One page kitten-themed studio academic calendar with a space in the middle for your studio schedule.
- One page undecorated studio academic calendar with a space in the middle for your studio schedule.
This 2018-2019 academic studio calendar is a 2-page PRINTABLE PDF file to be printed by the purchaser on 8.5 x 11 inches paper. (These calendars are also found in the 2018-2019 calendar bundle.) The file includes 2 different versions, one with art, and one without art. They both have a blank space in the middle for you to add your studio schedule and pass out to students to put in their binder cover.
There are two ways download your file. Please check the store FAQ for a visual tutorial.
The immediate way:
- Pay for your order.
- PayPal will bring you back to a checkout screen showing your order. DO NOT CLOSE THIS SCREEN UNTIL YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR ORDER
- There will be a link with a DOWNLOAD button for you to click and download your order.
- Download and save your files in a folder you will be able to find easily.
- An email with the link will still be sent to you in addition to the link on the screen, so if you close your screen, wait for the email to be emailed to you.
The email way:
- Your completed file will be emailed to you as a PDF.
- You have 30 days to download the file before it expires.
- Please double-check the email you use here as well as your PayPal account email, so that the file will be sent to your correct email address.
- If you do not receive your file soon after you place your order, check that you used a valid email address and then contact me. I will make sure you receive your file.
Once you have downloaded and saved your file, you may print it yourself or use a print shop of your choice. Please note that this listing does not include a physical item. If you do not receive your file soon after you place your order, check that you used a valid email address and then contact me. I will make sure you receive your file. You have permission to make copies of the music for students to practice at home. Please do not share the electronic files. Thank you for your purchase. It helps to support the website!
Printing Your Calendar
Using Word Without a Template
The easiest way to use the calendar is to type your schedule in Word without a template. This is what most teachers do. Here are some hints on how to do that.
Print the studio calendar on 8.5 x 11 inch paper and place it back into your printer so that it will print on the side that you just printed. How you reinsert it depends on your printer.
Open Word or your favorite word processing program.
Set margins about 2.5 inches on the left side and 2 inches on the right side for paper sized 8.5 x 11 inches.
Set the top margin about 1.5 inches and the bottom .5 inch.
Type your schedule starting with August or September.
Re-insert the studio calendar into your printer and print your schedule on the correct side. Print as many copies as you need!
Using Adobe Reader
Only the text that YOU type can be edited. You can edit the font and the size of the font. You can not edit what is already on the calendars, such as dates and art. You must download and save the file before you can edit it. The middle of the calendar is blank and that is where I placed the form field for you to type your own schedule. The form field where you should type will usually appear as a large blue box that will not show when printed.
How to Edit Text
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader and save it onto your computer.
- Select the light blue text box to edit the wording.
- Place your cursor in the top left hand side of the blue text box and type your text.
- Continue until you have completed your schedule.
How to change Font, Size, and Color of Text
- Follow steps 3 through 4 until you are satisfied with your wording.
- Select the wording you wish to alter by highlighting it with your mouse. (Click and hold it while you drag over your wording.)
- Right click on the selection.
- A popup menu will appear. Select “hyperlink”.
- A small form field text properties box will open.
- Select “Font.” When the font box opens, you can change the font to another one that is already in your computer. You can also change the size.
- Continue the same process.
My suggestion is to type everything on the page you want to include using one font and one font size. Then you can go back and select the text you wish to alter. You can only use fonts that are installed on your computer.