Great for a Fall Festival! 🎃
Trick or Treat is a Halloween piece elementary students will love. The song describes children happily “trick or treating” at their neighbors’ houses. My neighborhood children are so excited when they ring my doorbell while I pretend to guess who they are! They jump up and down with joy. That was the feeling I had when writing this piece! It ends with the narrator wondering if they can share the candy! The lyrics are child-centered, fun, and upbeat.
🎉🎶🤗 Bonus! An easier level with some of the “tricky bits” removed!
This A minor piece has the melody divided between the hands in “near C” position. In the slightly more difficult version, the hands play a few notes together in the last section. Hands stay in one position except for the ending measures. This is a great first festival piece because it has slurs, staccatos, and dynamics, which give the judge something to listen for. It takes a little coordination to play the slurs and staccatos correctly but a child toward the end of level one should be able to play it. If it is too hard, no problem, because in the easier primer version, the more tricky bits have been removed. There are two scores included in this file, early elementary and level one. Each version includes the cover for your printing convenience.
This is a studio license, so a single teacher can print copies for your private students!
Trick or Treat consists of two 4-page PRINTABLE PDF files measuring 8.5 x 11 inches, for a total of eight pages. Please note that this listing does not include a physical item. Each level is a separate file. Your completed files will be found in your account. They will also be emailed to you as a PDF. Once you have downloaded and saved your file, you may print it yourself or use a print shop of your choice. There are no refunds on digital products.
If you do not receive an email with the links, check your SPAM folder and also make sure there are no typos in your email address. Be consistent with your email on both this site and your PayPal account. Email me if you have problems.
These files are for your private use. You have permission to make copies for the students in your private studio only. Do not share with anyone outside of your studio. Each teacher needs to make a separate purchase and not share with teachers in a school or business. Contact me if you need a release for a festival or performance. The cover art is copyrighted and may be used only as included in the file. There are no refunds on digital products. Please see the FAQ for complete licensing requirements. Thank you for your purchase.
😍 If you enjoy this music and want to support the site, please select “Reviews” and leave a brief comment.
There are two ways to download your file. Please check the store FAQ for a visual tutorial.
The immediate way:
- Pay for your order.
- PayPal will bring you back to a checkout screen showing your order. DO NOT CLOSE THIS SCREEN UNTIL YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR ORDER
- There will be a link with a DOWNLOAD button for you to click and immediately download your order.
- An email with the link will still be sent to you in addition to the link on the screen, so if you close your screen, wait a short time for the links to be emailed to you.
The email way:
- Your completed file will be emailed to you as a PDF.
- If you can’t find the email, check your SPAM or TRASH folder and also make sure there are no typos in your email address.
- You have 60 days to download the file before it expires.
- Please double-check the email you use here as well as your PayPal account email, so that the file will be sent to your correct email address.