Some years ago I posted a black and red version of this. As it happens with a lot of old material, I forgot about it until it started showing up on Pinterest. It looked rather dated and I didn’t like it anymore. I decided to do a makeover by adding more colors and flowers.
This is a fun Valentine’s “gift” for students to give to a special adult, especially if they can play it for them!
- To compose a melody to a familiar Valentine rhyme
- To review finger numbers
- Pre-school to about age 7
- The printable
- Piano keyboard
- Students place their right hand on the keys with the thumb or index finger on middle C
- Starting on middle C, they make up a tune and write the correct finger numbers or letter names in the hearts
- The tune sounds better if it starts and ends on C
- Alternatively, students can use their left hand, the black keys, or use another position, such as G
- Help younger students with the writing
Why I Like This Activity
- It helps students become more interested in composing